Weight Loss and Faith Gain
“Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! “
What if your weight loss is really about interceding for others and worshiping God at the same time, rather than dieting and fitting into a size 4 or 6?
What if it is about interceding for the Kingdom and bringing about the glory of God through your weight loss?
Intercession for others through prayer and fasting is like stepping into the boxing ring for a match with sin itself.
But the nice thing is – you have God, the Blessed Mother, and the holy angels on your side. You may be knocked down a few times, but they will help you get right back up and keep swinging.
The boxing plan includes:
- Fasting windows – how long are you willing to be hungry for?
- Eating windows – what will you eat and how much?
- Letting go of perfectionism – how often are you willing to fail?
- Employing Experimentation – how hard are you willing to research to find the answers for your body and soul?
- Putting the sacraments on your calendar – how many times are you willing to go to confession for help?
- Getting coached – how many times are you willing to get coached in the group to reframe your thoughts and deal with your emotions?
Winning the match isn’t easy and takes time and possibly some metaphorical bruising.
The Lord is saying to us – Prepare for the battle. Keep your gloves up – stay standing. Your time is now.
In this week’s podcast episode, Beth talks about shifting our mindset and focus from weight loss to faith gain, and how faith requires action. This struggle with our thoughts, emotions, and delaying and praying may look like a mountain from our perspective, but the mountain is tiny from God’s perspective.
You can download Beth’s Holiday Fasting Guide and join the Delay and Pray™ waitlist at the links below.
Help Beth reach her goal of bringing 1 Million Catholics back to the Church:
Please subscribe to the podcast and leave a review!
Delay and Pray Links: